The Strathcona Green Zone is an initiative of the Strathcona BIA (SBIA). The SBIA is a non-profit, member driven organization that represents business and commercial property owners in the Strathcona area. We play an important role in the business development, safety, security, and street enhancement in Strathcona.
In 2009, the SBIA was renewed for a seven-year period with a strategic plan substantially focused on sustainability.
In 2016, our vision is for Strathcona to be...
- a model mixed use community
- a green and sustainable community
- a desirable place to do business
- a widely recognized positive brand as Vancouver's Green Zone, a community that celebrates green business, the arts, and diversity
- a successful catalyst for area revitalization and overall sustainability - viable, green, and economically sound